We highly recommend CrashPlan. With CrashPlan you can backup to a local computer (free on your own disk), a friends computer (free for “social backup”), or to their central offsite location (monthly fee for “backup in the cloud”). We use CrashPlan offsite backup for peace of mind. It’s secure and simple and automatically backs up all our files offsite every night in case of emergency.
DropBox – Get 2 GB or more of remote file sharing disk space (similar to Apple’s iDisk). It’s super easy to sync, store, and share files across Windows and Mac OS systems.
OvernightPrints.com – Business Cards, Postcards, Brochures, Letterhead , Greeting Cards & Envelopes overnight. Great service, quality, and prices.
FileMaker Database Techniques
We provide many FREE sample databases that can be used by FileMaker developers to help create a customized solution. Check them out in the FileMaker Sample File section of our tech blog.
Apple Technology Information
- Apple Product Manuals – Get the latest documentation for iPod, iPad, iPhone, MacBook, iMac, etc. here online.
- Apple Discussion Support – Online support via other users.
- Apple Product Specifications – Technical information about Apple products.
FileMaker Training and Learning
While we do provide FileMaker training and coaching, we’ve written an article outlining many FileMaker training resources that will help you get started and build advanced solutions at a reasonable cost.
- SpeedTest – Test your internet connection speed
- OpenDNS – Protect your internet connection with free web content filtering and phishing protection while making your network faster and more reliable. There’s nothing to download or install, and you can set it up in a couple minutes.
WordPress – Flexible, high end blogging and web site tool