Interested in owning your own fast, secure, always available server? Cimbura.com provides personalized setup and maintenance services to meet your business needs for a reliable onsite FileMaker Server. Onsite servers may be macOS or Windows-based as FileMaker supports both platforms. Sometimes, a macOS server can be the only Mac servicing an entire office of Windows-based PCs–we’ll help identify which will best meet your needs. For installation and maintenance of server hardware (or virtual server instance) we can take the lead or work with existing IT staff/firm. We can assist with full implementation or only the FileMaker setup and admin tasks.
Off-site hosting in the cloud from our secure data centers is also available for $80-$1,200/month depending on server requirements. Learn More »
Initial FileMaker Server Setup package ($1,500 one-time) includes the following:
- Assist in obtaining Apple Mac or Windows server hardware
- Initial hardware setup
- Install current version of FileMaker server
- Install SSL security certificate*
- Upload databases to FileMaker server
- Set up backup schedules and offsite backup of data**
- Set up backup notification email
- Install and test redundant remote server access tools
- Assist in connecting clients to FileMaker server
* Additional charge applies for supported certificate if you do not already own one.
** Offsite backups can be setup using Dropbox, Google Drive, S3, or other similar. Additional charges for these services may apply, especially for larger databases.
FileMaker Server Maintenance package ($300/month or purchased hourly under an existing service agreement) includes the following:
- Check emails for backup and scheduled script status
- Verify local and off-site FileMaker backups*
- Verify disk space usage
- Verify health and responsiveness of FileMaker admin console
- Check server access/error logs for any chronic issues
- Resolve minor backup or server issues
- Update remote access tools and verify access
- Install operating system security patches and updates**
- Install ongoing FileMaker Server maintenance updates**
- Upgrade to latest macOS version**
- Upgrade to latest FileMaker Server version**
- Assist in upgrading FileMaker Pro clients
- Renew/reissue SSL certificate if needed
- System account and FileMaker Admin Console password changes
* Offsite backups can be setup using Dropbox, Google Drive, S3, or other similar. Additional charges for these services may apply, especially for larger databases.
** Some upgrades require system downtime. We will work with you to schedule so as to minimize business impact. Emergency or off hour incident charges may apply.
** Maintenance package cost may vary for servers with multiple functions, plugins, or in highly unstable environments.
A la Carte Options
- Bootable clone of system drive (includes external hard drive) – $400
- Database compaction (can improve performance especially after many records have been added/deleted) – $150
- Encryption at Rest (EAR), added security for your database files – Call for estimate
- FileMaker Standby Server, added redundancy if uptime is paramount – Call for estimate
- HIPAA compliant hosting – Call for estimate