Building your website on the foundation of WordPress, our most common platform for web development, is an excellent choice.
Some of the advantages:
- WordPress currently powers over 28% of the internet, including many high profile sites such as Time Magazine. WordPress powers over 47% of CMS (content management system) websites on the internet.
- Themes allow you to change the look and feel of your site easily.
- Plugins allow you to add features to your web site.
- WordPress sites are easy to update. If you can create a Word document, you can publish a new article in WordPress.
- WordPress is supported by a thriving, engaged community.
- Google loves WordPress sites and ranks them highly when built properly.
We take our sites one step further and build them with the Genesis framework.
Besides providing a huge jumpstart to building your site, there are many advantages of utilizing Genesis for your site:
- Consistency and standardization so that we can more easily make technical revisions to your site as necessary over time with the minimal amount of time charged to you.
- Power – Their team of really smart guys coding provide tremendous functionality and value that we don’t need to spend time building. No need to reinvent the wheel.
- Security – Incorporates the latest code to protect your site.
- SEO – Genesis is optimized out of the box for search engines so people can more easily find your site and rank high in Google.
- Genesis is responsive out of the box. It can scale automatically from mobile devices to the big screen monitor. Building a responsive theme from scratch can take at least twice as much time.
- WordPress upgrades don’t affect your site much. Usually we just install them and gain features.
- Genesis plugins for WordPress are very high quality. It is easy to add more features like shopping carts, etc. with Genesis connectors.
- The support for the Genesis theme framework will continue to be there in the future.
- Pre-built child themes can be a well-designed starting point
Cimbura.com maintains annual software licenses for our clients for several paid and supported best of class WordPress plug-ins that we use on your site to add critical functionality:
- Genesis Theme Framework
- Site Backup
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Spam Prevention
We provide reliable hosting when needed. There may be other lower cost options but they often don’t answer their phone when you need them the most.
Training, Education, and Communication
We will provide training on how to use your web site to designated users. Typically it takes a few hours to become familiar with how new content is added, depending on the users comfort with general web site functions. Get stuck? No worries – technical assistance is simply an email or phone call away. We also provide online training videos integrated into the site backend that explain how to perform common tasks.
We utilize Basecamp and an internal proprietary tool to track project tasks and ongoing communication so you stay well informed and we have a record of all our conversations regarding your requests in one place that is accessible by our entire team and yours as we work together.
Proven Value – Experience and Expertise Not Found Elsewhere
In today’s business world, more than ever, we need to make wise decisions about how and where to spend our money. Does going with the lowest hourly rate, really save money? Not if they take 2-3 times as long to accomplish the job or they don’t have the expertise to even get the job done.
Our advice is truly based on years of experience combined with the knowhow of the latest advancements.
Once a homeowner had a squeaky wood floor that drove him crazy. He hired several contractors to fix the problem and spent $2,000 to no avail. Eventually, a master carpenter agreed to fix the floor for $1,000. He entered the home, took off his shoes, and slid around the wood floor for a few moments. Then he took out one nail and drove it into the floor. Amazingly, the floor was fixed! He provided the following detail on the invoice…Nail: $1, Knowing where to put the nail: $999, Total: $1,000. The master carpenter’s experience was worth a lot…and would have saved the homeowner $2,000 if he had hired him first. Lack of knowledge can cost you an awful lot of money as well as frustration.
It’s amazing how many times Cimbura.com is hired to clean up a mess left by a previous developer. We find that the lack of experience of many developers often sent them in the wrong direction and cost the client thousands of dollars. Even some initial advice around choosing the right technology to work on could have helped the project if we had been involved early on.